Friday, April 12, 2013

I Like John Corvino

But don't expect he's going to become a super-star because he's not angry and edgy.  For the hate-mailers who accuse me of hatin' on all atheists and "Skeptics", no.  I have to admit I found his debate with Maggie Gallagher on gay marriage was boring but it was worth listening to while doing chores.   With any luck it will be moot within the next year or more.   His advocacy of atheism is about as reasonable as you're going to find, another reason he's not destined for super-stardom.  And he's a "Skeptic".   I don't agree with all of his positions but he presents it reasonably.   How he finds a home in the "Skeptics" movement is for him to figure out.  I'd love to ask him lots of questions about how he sees that movement, its history and its major figures.

His series of short videos about gay issues go over well worn ground but his calm, rational, reasonable take on issues sometimes has a slightly different take on them.   

I like John Corvino, I like how he talks, even on those issues I think he's wrong about.  Those teal and lavender shirts?  That's a different matter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment