Sunday, May 26, 2013

News You Can Use Probably As Early As This Memorial Day Weekend

Since I've slammed the idea of computer intelligence so much this week, I thought it was only fair and balanced to tell you this story someone told me.  Names have been changed for obvious reasons.

Jack Spenser was at the Portland Mall.  He went into the electronics store to look at microwaves.  He's a bachelor, you know.  While walking through the store he heard a young salesman talking with a customer.

"Oh, this computer can tell you anything you want about anything.  If you can type it in, it can tell you."

Jack's a bit of a wag so he said,  "I'll bet you a twenty it can't tell me where my father is right now."

So the clerk said,  "Here, type your question in." 

So Jack typed, "Where is my father right now?"

Immediately the computer said, "He's fishing in Moosehead Lake".  

"Ha!  Jack said,  Hand over the twenty.  My father's been dead and burried in the Oak Hill Cemetery for three years."  

The clerk was nervous but he said,  " Maybe the computer's confused.  Try phrasing the question differently."

So Jack typed,  " Where's Roger Spenser right now?"

The computer said,  "Roger Spenser's been burried in the Oak Hill Cemetery for three years and your father just caught a big 'un."

No comments:

Post a Comment