Thursday, April 17, 2014

Good Tidings To Those Who Are Cast Down: The Cross And The Lynching Tree

I'd forgotten that Holy Thursday is when a lot of diosces hold the Chrism Mass, when the oils and chrisms are blessed.   They also read Isaiah 61.

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me because the LORD has anointed me; he has sent me to preach good tidings unto those who are cast down; to bind up the wounds of the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those that are bound; to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favour, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn....

Which reminded me of James Cone on The Cross and the Lynching Tree.  




The black liberation theologians are so much more intellectually impressive than the "Brights".


No comments:

Post a Comment