Saturday, June 28, 2014

Short Pieces

-  My brother, one of the few people in my offline life who knows I write this blog, told me that he put an old-fashioned antenna on his roof, cut out his cable, saves a lot of money and, with the alternate channels of the three PBS stations he gets etc. he gets more stations he actually watches without cable.   He still didn't sell me on letting that monkey back on my back.

-  A conservative columnist I've, thankfully, never heard of, has proposed changing the name of the Washington, D.C. football team to "The Reagans" after the second worst president of our lifetimes.  There is massive opposition but I think it is appropriate.  Here's my comment:

I totally ignore sports so i'm probably not the first to point out how appropriate it would be, the brain death associated with football, the violence, the sense of entitlement it gives to the males who play the game, the rapes, the sadistic bullying - including multiple incidents of boys being raped as torture and degradation -  The fact that it is massively dependent on welfare given by cash strapped local, state governments for the benefit of billionaire owners.... is something which is appropriately associated with Ronald Reagan.

Reagan is the embodiment of everything football stands for, most of all it's hypocritical poses of piety and sentimental nostalgia as it is a massive criminal enterprise in reality.

-  I happened to look at the hit count of different posts on my blog and see, to my surprise, that my brawls with various people have gotten a lot of hits.  I have to say I was surprised, figuring they were pretty boring.  I can't say that I'm proud of them, as I said, they make me feel a bit cheap even as I admit that I am and have always been rather scrappy.   A homely, short, skinny kid who will not pretend to be straight can develop that habit and, I like to think, I'm not bad at it.   Anyone who objects will convince me to not post those on this blog, keeping them to the ghetto I've made for them.  Speak now, please, save me from feeling cheap.




Update:  The sieve who keeps on dripping had something to say but I'll withhold it for now.

Been weeding datura out of my upper garden and it always makes me feel poisoned.  One of the nastiest, poisonous plants this side of hog weed.    Don't have any idea how anyone could ever eat the stuff, the fatal dose is so close to the intoxicating one it is one of the most dangerous of plant hallucinogens.



No comments:

Post a Comment