Saturday, July 5, 2014

Insomnia Remedy Found By Random Accident

Been thinking of taking up a new hobby to keep myself out of trouble.  Looking at the enormous amount of paper I've got, people tended to give me their unused computer paper as the old fashioned stuff with those little holes on the edges went out of style, and the enormous number of pencils, mostly 2B but lots of carpenter's pencils and others and thought, drawing.   So I looked at books, none of which appealed to me,  then I looked to see what they had on You Tube. I saw this and I have to say that this guys voice with the drawing, hypnotizes me and then I fall asleep every time I watch it.  Semi-incompetent translations are mine.

  Drawing a Country Scene

 And this one is even more hypnotic, even with the music. I ususally can't fall asleep when there's music playing.

Drawing with Three Pencils In a Pictorial Manner

Maybe I don't need to draw if I can fall asleep to stay out of trouble.

Update:  What's that thing he's using in the third drawing [at the first link]?

It's a graphite stick,  the same thing they make a pencil lead out of only a thick piece of it without wood around it.  I suspect it's a 4B or maybe even a 9B, though I've only ever used a 2B.

No comments:

Post a Comment