Friday, January 9, 2015

They Send Me E-Mails - To Be Consistent You'll have To Outlaw Atheism Too, Then

Avatar


the hebdo massacre tempts me to take the position that the practice of religion should be outlawed




    If a person doesn't think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what's the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges? That's how I thought anyway.    Jeffrey Dahmer

    Charlie Hebdo killings 12, Jeffrey Dahmer, at least 16

    I will admit I checked around to try to verify the quote from Dahmer, it's all over the web.  It's supposed to be from some interviews he did with Stone Phillips which I did find but which I had to turn off after about two minutes because there are just some things I won't do just to check on a quote.   I need to go wash my mind out with soap.  Fels Naphtha, probably.

    Update:  I am challenged to name a massacre in the United States committed by atheists.  Well, I'm busy but I recalled reading this story a while back.

    ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Details began emerging about the mindset of a confessed serial killer who committed suicide last weekend in an Alaska jail cell, as family members prepared for his funeral and authorities searched for a woman they believe to be his first victim.

    A Texas pastor said this week that Israel Keyes of Anchorage had attended his sister's March wedding in Texas, where he ranted about how he didn't believe in God.

    Pastor Jacob Gardner said some of the preaching at the wedding had targeted Keyes to get him to "denounce his atheism." But the ceremony ended with Keyes raging against God, The Anchorage Daily News reported.

    "We were greatly desirous to see him saved, and greatly desirous to see him denounce his atheism, which he was steadfastly holding to and defending," Gardner told the newspaper.

    Keyes was arrested later that month in Lufkin, Texas. He then confessed to killing at least eight people across the country, before he was found dead Sunday in his Anchorage cell. Authorities say Keyes had slit one of his wrists and strangled himself with a rolled-up sheet.

    So, atheist feller, when are you going to call for banning atheism?  That's the difference between me and you groovy atheist guys.  I figure people are only guilty of what they do and approve of, I don't figure 1.6 billion people are guilty of the Charlie Hebdo murders.   By your, um, "logic" that Muslim cop murdered by them is guilty of his own murder.  But, then, I clearly remember that you guys also fingered Dr. George Tiller for his murder - before someone pointed out that the "Xian" was murdered as he ushered at his Reform Lutheran Church.

    Update 2:  Since it's a Friday afternoon and it's been a long week, heckler atheist feller keeps insisting I name AMERICAN atheist mass murderers.  Since he and his fellow atheists are gassing on about the murders in FRANCE I don't feel the need to allow him to set up the rules that he and his posse aren't abiding by.  I could name any number of atheists who were among the champion murderers of all time, Stalin of course, Mao, Pol Pot, .... anyone who was an atheist with control of a government and military going back to the reign of terror in France.   You know, little things like that.

    10 comments:

    1. Oddly enough, Israel Keyes killed a couple just a couple towns over from our home. A true sociopath.

      Anyway, yeah, the anti-religious vitriol is pretty fucking disgusting. Even my most militant atheist days in college, my sole focus was separation of church and state, not elimination of church. Jeebus.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. If I weren't so tired of this I'd go look up some of the truly insane ravings of the atheist-pentacostalist Jim Jones about there being no God even as he led his cult into mass suicide.

        The stupidity of online discourse is a lot stupider than anything I remember from my college years. It's sort of terrifying how stupid it is.

        Delete
    2. "I've never heard of it, so there is no such thing!"

      Honestly, guys, clean out your navels and find out there's nothing in there!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Replies
      1. " While denying his own responsibility in the course of events and claiming the role of a victim, Jones goes further in claiming it divine responsibility for them to continue on with the plan of suicide. This is interesting in the sense that Jones himself claimed to be an atheist (Q622). Yet he knew that many of his followers came from a religious background. This kind of comment seems to serve the authority of Jones’ message."

        http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=40229

        The Reverend Jim Jones, an ordained Christian minister in the Christian Church, Disciples of Christ, echoed this when he said – among many other places – said “We [Peoples Temple] are not religious; we are atheist(Bracketed notes by the author). Q 887.

        http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=61363

        The Russian Pentecostals believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior of the world, and his blood is precious, and it says, to obey no man, not– no– uh, no man, they take that literally, so they won’t even obey their own country and spit on a flag or stomp on it when it’s raised. Give me a few weeks of (unintelligible word) that guy (unintelligible word) Russian, give us a few weeks uh, give me my gospel tears, and we’ll get by– we’ll forget– we’ll forget some of this liberation, we’ll sing some of them ol’ Jesus songs and we’ll whip it all up to a frenzy, and in two or three weeks, we’ll have ‘em thinking atheist, they won’t know what the hell happened to them.

        http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=60632

        I could go on and on and on. Jones didn't make any secret of it except in the beginning. He bragged that the religion thing was a cover to gull people in like that.


        Delete
      2. Oh, and this one:

        "Jones: Well, thank you for the feedback, ‘cause, I must say, I felt somewhat hypocritical for the last years as I became uh, an atheist, uh, I have become uh, you— you feel uh, tainted, uh, by being in the church situation. But of course, everyone knows where I’m at. My bishop knows that I’m an atheist."

        http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/?page_id=27498

        Delete
    4. So this is where the cool kids hang out?

      ...

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Uh, no. No. This is a cool - free blog. It's only for the unkewl. I will have no kewl here.

        Delete
    5. Yeah, but was he a militant atheist?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I don't know if it was exactly militant but a body count of nearly a thousand may as well qualify, I'd think.

        Delete