Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Resolution Broken For A Good Reason

I have broken my resolution to never post a comment from Steve Simels on this blog again because he made a stupid remark on my morning post that is a good illustration of what I mean.  Clearly, it is important for some people to use Poles as a focus of hate and resentment even as the fact that Poles have one of the best records of protecting Jews in defiance of the Nazis.   Especially, I strongly suspect, in the United States,  from people who never experienced any danger such as those Poles who risked and lost their lives in those efforts did.   While there must be a lot of reasons for that, I can't think of any good reason to falsify history.


1 comment:

  1. It's almost like Simels only knows Shoah history from Spielberg.

    "Poles constitute the largest national group within the Righteous Among the Nations recognized by Yad Vashem. Considering the harsh punishment that threatened rescuers, this is a most impressive number. "

    http://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/righteous/stories/historical_background/poland.asp

    http://www.savingjews.org/

    ReplyDelete