Friday, February 6, 2015

Hate Mail File

So you're upset that I'm focusing on the history of Christian abolitionism, saying it's not fair.  Though I think what you really mean is that presenting the fact that the abolition of slavery is a Christian legacy and not an atheist one rather puts the one in a better light than the other.

But I'll be fair.  If you can show me atheist tracts, essays, sermons against slavery making an effective and durable scientific argument that will withstand the most unsophisticated of commonly practiced atheist debunkery, show me how I can link to it.  I'm always up for an effective argument that can get people to do what's right instead of what's wrong.  I'd be rather fascinated to find an atheist abolitionist literature, especially one of the age and sophistication of those I'm linking to.

But, you do realize that you'll have to have one that includes that "proof" which is the cheapest of atheist challenges to anything they want to reject, not to say to refuse give up something they want to do.   As the post I did last month about Steven Weinberg's rejection of atheist attempts to come up with even the most basic of moral positions, that we are required to practice equal justice.

When you refuse to base that on something outside of materialism, you can't come up with an argument that isn't susceptible to that rather cheap use of the slogan, "Prove it".   You can't even support your contention that I'm being "unfair" without getting shut of atheism.  Prove from a purely materialistic basis that I'm required to be what you call "fair".

No comments:

Post a Comment