Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Hate Mail I Have Been Entirely Up Front About My Motives I Want To Kick Out Those Who Destroyed The Left

My contention in this series looking at the disaster that the anarchists, Marxists, etc. have been for the left is that their descendants today are found in the neo-atheists who are as certainly a turn-off to people who could be the natural allies of a real left that wins elections and changes things as their great-great grandparents were.  That is why I'm looking at this history, my goal is to convince people they have to kick out the tiny percentage of the population represented by those conceited jerks from any left that I'd consider being involved with.  That is going to have to happen in any left that could win any election in the United States or in any country that is likely to reclaim or obtain egalitarian democracy.   As I will never tire of pointing out, their fundamentalist materialism will always, in every case, not only not provide what you need to believe is real, it will always and in every case destroy an effective belief in those realities.     

Any blogger of the would-be left who wants to waste our time recapitulating the past century of total disaster that they brought would be better off servicing those who would rather talk about 70s retro, PBS costume dramas, invading their cats' privacy or geriatric pop music than pretending they're serious about politics. 

Update:  The Progressive Labor Party was a Maoist party.  I don't know if you were alive at the time but the years mentioned in my morning post, beginning in 1966 to 1969 the foremost activity in China was Mao's Cultural Revolution.  While I'm very doubtful that it's possible for someone to look at the various claims about how many people were murdered BY THE CHINESE COMMUNISTS as the SDS and PL were shadow boxing at each other with any great confidence, anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions of Chinese people and members of minorities in China were being murdered just as surely as those under the Nazis and the Japanese invaders were in the 1940s.   And that was just the people murdered under Mao in those years. Anyone who could be a Maoist then is as guilty of supporting mass murder as the Nazis here were in the 40s.   No left that could possibly have done anything positive, including ending the American war in Vietnam would have had anything to do with them.   Anyone who claims, as indeed, Katha Pollitt did in 2008 that the PL was a force for good is nuts.   

Update 2:  I looked it up, the PL officially SUPPORTED THE CULTURAL REVOLUTION during those years.  That would be equivalent to supporting the Nazis as the extermination camps and the Einsatzgruppen were killing people. twenty five or so years earlier.   I won't pretend that's not the case merely because the victims weren't Europeans. 

Update 3:  Yeah, yeah, "Weather underground wasn't the same thing as Weathermen"  It's all the same to me.  Considering they were all a disaster, how about Weather brats or Weather jerks.  

2 comments:

  1. I like Downton Abbey, even if Lord Grantham is a naive putz. I miss Sybil a lot, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't ask me what my cats are up to. They've got access to my bare throat while I sleep.

    ReplyDelete