Monday, June 29, 2015

Gordon Lightfoot, I happened to hear "If You Could Read My Mind" on The Vinyl Cafe yesterday and it got me to remembering his other songs, "Edmund Fitzgerald" "Carefree Highway" etc.  Now, he's a better songwriter than Lennon was.  Miles better.  Great voice, too.  And, unlike Lennon, I hear the musicians he works with really like him.  

Update:  Like Charlie Parker said when they asked him why he kept playing country western songs, one after another on the juke box, "Listen to the stories."  

Update 2:  Well, you see, "Edmund Fitzgerald" was written by Gordon Lightfoot about the lives of other people, not himself.  I wouldn't expect it to resonate with a black hole of ego. 

Update 3:  Having read real surrealism, drug based and otherwise, John Lennon's is a pale imitation of it.   I'd rather have Lightfoot's realism, rough edges and all.  

If you hadn't guessed, Simels' is issuing comments I'm chosing not to post, as of now.  He hasn't addressed his blatant lying about me at Duncan Black's dying blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment