Wednesday, July 1, 2015

When Someone Is Determined To Lie About What You Say You Aren't Under Any Obligation To Ignore It

This appeared within the past hour on Duncan Black's Eschaton Blog.   Anyone who reads my post, below, will see that it is a total distortion of what I said and any possible coherent or rational interpretation of it.


Steve Simels, blog malignancy  30 minutes ago

I long ago concluded that
the reason conservatives in the law and the judiciary are so enamored 
of the death penalty is that it is an essential tool of any despotic 
government to be used against any opponents, as a means of terrorizing 
any subjugated groups
So in other words, you're one of those morons who thinks the death penalty is a deterrent?
Here's a clue, numbnuts -- conservatives are enamored of the death penalty because they're sadists. Period.

Obviously, Duncan Black is OK with someone lying like that on his website, the "reality community" his "brain trust".  

Update:  Here's the comment that Simels posted a while back.  


steve simelsJuly 1, 2015 at 11:54 AM
Actually, that's exactly what you said.

You're not terribly bright, Sparkles.

And, I will remind you, this is someone who Duncan Black values as a regular member of his "reality community" his "brain trust".   A man trusted and believed by such as who are also regulars there these days, the ones who didn't leave it in either disgust or a realization that Eschaton is a futile waste of time if not actually counterproductive in making any kind of progress.  The man who has been calling me an anti-Semite there for more than three years, just about every week, several times a week.

5 comments:

  1. Actually, that's exactly what you said.
    You're not terribly bright, Sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, there's a fairly easy distinction to be drawn between "deterrent" and "terrorism."

    But if you have to make that distinction, why are you having the conversation in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really does use the same tactics as Dershowitz, any lie will do with his intended audience at Eschaton. I went back when I had time and saw there was a discussion generated, if you can call it a discussion, none of whom read what I wrote. The funniest one was Tlaz claiming to have "schooled" me in science. I think she's misremembering the time she accused me of proving I knew nothing about science and I was able to point out that I'd cited what the long passage the comment consisted of, a passage from Cargo Cult Science from the man everyone knew knew less about science than she, Richard Feynman.

      If you want to see how far it's gone down hill, go back a few years and look at some of the comment threads, almost everyone who had anything worth reading has left it, with less than a handful of exceptions.

      Delete
  3. Simels reminds me of the homophobic Republicans and flag-waving Rebs who just can't move on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He knows that the people left at Duncan's blog, with few exceptions, don't care if he's lying or not so he lies. Just as he'll never forgive those who exposed his sockpuppets he won't forgive me for calling him out for what he said that night when he suggested a "homeland for gypsies" in an abandoned mall in Jersey.

      I imagine he was a spoiled brat as a brat. He's certainly one as a geezer.

      Delete