Sunday, November 22, 2015

Hate Mail

No, I'm not going to put up some kind of dopey trigger warning message that I've posted a piece composed with 12-tone procedures.  It's not up to me to decide for you that you're not going to like a piece of music before you've heard it.  You didn't put a trigger warning on your comment that I wasn't going to like it before I read it.  And if you think I'm going to stop posting material because someone won't like it, well, eventually that will happen, the time that happens will be called "death".  

Is the present group of adults under the age of 40 so lazy that they can't figure out for themselves that they're going to not like something but need to be instructed, before hand that they won't?   Grow up, if you're so delicate that you can't listen to a piece of music you're going to turn out not to like without psychic damage you belong in custodial care, not adulthood. 

Come to think of it, that's pretty much how fashion works, isn't it, people being told what to like and what not to like, pop "culture" pretty much all works that way, doesn't it.  Well, I don't care if you don't like it, I like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment