Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Hate Mail

To start with, I was mostly joking about trying the Bates Method of eyesight improvement, I doubt there's a practitioner within a hundred miles of where I live and I probably couldn't afford it if there were one.  Though if there were I'd certainly try that over laser surgery.  One of my nieces' husbands had laser  surgery done and the result wasn't a great success.   That it would be a chance to report on something to the annoyance of the most bullying conformists around, the "skeptics" would only add to the reasons to try it.   Annoying "skeptics" and hearing their outraged whining is one of my strongest weaknesses. 

As to the story you relate of James "The Amazing" Randi about his father and the Bates Method, I think I'll state as a rule that given his history of pathological lying, I would need to have two independent sources that support anything that comes out of Randi before I'd believe he was telling the truth about something. His history of lying means that Randian assertions require extraordinary levels of verification before you should have any confidence that he's telling the truth.  I'd say the same about the late Martin Gardner though he was not the same caliber of liar that James Randi is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment