Thursday, January 14, 2016

Pop Goes The Simels

Simps is trolling me over some stupid Beatles "tribute" band stuff that the senile BBC mounted.  I'm tempted to post some of the "tribute band" stuff that's on Youtubes but I've got more respect for the musical taste of the non-trolls who come here.  

I can hardly wait for what they do on the 60th anniversary. Maybe they could get a tribute Beatles tribute band who can imitate the imitators.  Like so much of Brit pop music, it can sink into an infinite regress of sameness and repetition. 

I think if I were one of the surviving Beatles it would make me want to open a vein.  

Though it could be worse, I can imagine a 90 year old Mick Jagger hauling out animatronic zombie Stones for the Oxygen Tank Tour someday.  I can imagine him drooling out Brown Sugar for the money at that age.  It's not far from that now. 

7 comments:

  1. Most of those performances on that BBC show are as far from pro forma recreations as possible. But of course you'd have to watch the special to know that.

    Go fuck yourself, you philistine rube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't care.

      You remind me of those guys Norman Mailer talked about meeting when he was drafted who thought Glenn Miller was classical music. "Philistine rube", I'd say someone mistaking a BBC sponsred Beatles recreation show for high art was the one who was a "philistine rube" and there are more of those in The City than around these here parts.

      Delete
  2. And BTW, your obsession with Mick Jagger is approaching Allan Bloom proportions. Methinks you've got issues, Sparkles.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. I can honestly say that you've probably written a thousand repetitious words about Mick and his old Stones for every one I've written.

      Delete
    2. And Allen Bloom? Really, how if you were any more clueless you'd be a ... come to think of it, you'd be more you than you've ever been.

      Delete
  3. I talked about the music, which you know absolutely nothing about. You, on the other hand, have got some kind of weird psycho-sexual problem with him. Like Allan Bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you know about music wouldn't fill a page of tweets.

      Delete