Saturday, June 18, 2016

George F.R. Ellis, On the Nature of Cosmology Today (2012 Copernicus Center Lecture)

I will be out tomorrow and perhaps for a few days after that.  A health matter has sprung up and it can't be put off, it happens at my age.

In the mean time I'm going to leave you with a few lectures to listen to.  This one by the physicist and critic of cosmology George Ellis contains so much that is fascinating and so much that will make my ususal detractors upset AND ONE BIG THING THAT WILL MAKE THEM SMILE BUT THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE TO LISTEN TO IT FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR TO HEAR THAT.  I bet none of them listens to it to find out what that is.  It is addressed in by one of the truly distinguished audience of questioners, needless to say I disagree with Ellis on that point for reasons I've already addressed.   The question period is especially interesting. It's is not you typical Youtube Q and A, it's really worth listening to.  


No comments:

Post a Comment