Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Dušan Bogdanović - Sonata 2


Jérémy Peret, guitar
I'll be posting all of Dušan Bogdanović's sonatas that I can find.  Along with such other composers as Leo Brouwer, he is writing some of the most interesting solo-instrumental music being composed, today.  The modern, classical guitar has really come into its own, little noticed by the wider world.  This is music that isn't merely significant in terms of the repertoire of the instrument, it is also significant as musical composition.   I keep up with music as best I can and I wasn't aware of Bogdanović's music until a few days ago.  It makes me curious about his ideas about composition, though his book on that topic isn't easy to get hold of.  If I were a young guitar student I'd find out how to get hold of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment