Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Worst Wing

Just out of curiosity, I sampled several pages of my "Spam" file and, based on that, I can announce that easily 97% of the comments I never published were submitted by Steve Simels. Since it's his habit of posting the stuff I won't post at Duncan's it's clear I've got higher standards than the guy who milks Baby Blue while going through the motions of being an important and influential blogger.   He was real big - well, for a blogger - back c. 2005.   Rumor was that they had a walk on with no lines on The West Wing who was he.  Or that was the rumor.   Or maybe Sorkin just wanted to add some c. 2004 relevance to show how hip he was with the kids.  The West Wing broadcast its last episode more than a decade ago.  About the time Duncan stopped going through more than the motions. Maybe he figured he'd arrived and didn't have to do any more work. 

I can't tell you how annoying I found that show the several times I was subjected to it.  All of those smarty pants talking and walking fast in largely incomprehensible voices.   And, really, a New Hampshire yankee, ex-governor who was a liberal Roman Catholic?   Back then?   Well, it was a fantasy, after all. 

Update:  Oh, yeah, and those decent, principled Republicans, you'll remember how plentiful those were during the just past Democratic administration.   I remember so well that the official decent Republican, after holding some of the most ridiculous of the Clinton era "scandal" hearings, Jim Leech, being asked by Barney Frank, What's a nice guy like you doing in a party like that?   Only a nice guy wouldn't be in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment