Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Psalm 130


Kings College Choir

The composer isn't listed.

130 OUT of the deep have I called unto thee, O LORD;  Lord, hear my voice.
O let thine ears consider well  the voice of my complaint.
If thou, LORD, wilt be extreme to mark what is done amiss,  O Lord, who may abide it?
For there is mercy with thee;  therefore shalt thou be feared.
I look for the LORD; my soul doth wait for him;  in his word is my trust.
My soul fleeth unto the Lord before the morning watch;  I say, before the morning watch.
O Israel, trust in the LORD; for with the LORD there is mercy,  
and with him is plenteous redemption.
And he shall redeem Israel  from all his sins.

Book of Common Prayer


130 From a sea of troubles I call out to you, Lord.
2     Won’t you please listen  as I beg for mercy?
3 If you kept record of our sins,  no one could last long.
4     But you forgive us, and so we will worship you.
5 With all my heart, I am waiting, Lord, for you!
    I trust your promises.
6 I wait for you more eagerly than a soldier on guard duty
    waits for the dawn.
Yes, I wait more eagerly than a soldier on guard duty
    waits for the dawn.
7 Israel, trust the Lord!  He is always merciful,
    and he has the power   to save you.
8 Israel, the Lord will save you from all of your sins.

Contemporary English Version

No comments:

Post a Comment