Wednesday, January 25, 2017

I wonder, going on five days into the Trump regime, how many of those people on the play left who said that Trump would be better than Hillary Clinton still think so.  I say that in view of how with his green lighting of the oil pipeline, his gag order on federal agencies, blocking them from perforning their vital public information functions, the attacks on the ACA, the attacks on the very idea of the truth, it's clear that Trump, his brats, his crime-family son-in-law, his neo-fascist staffers, etc. are hell bent on destroying not only the Democratic legacy of the past century but are also destroying many of the advances made by Republicans.  I'd say that they are intent on returning to the United States to a hellish version of some of the worst of the 19th century but I'm afraid that they're probably intent on doing far worse, bringing us to places this country was saved from going in the 1930s.   I doubt anything is going to be undamaged from the Trump-Ryan-McConnell-Roberts regime which has control of this country for at least the next two or four or who knows how many years. 

So, I can't keep myself from saying, Susan Sarandon, enjoy.  

4 comments:

  1. Her purity of purpose is indeed a shining example to us all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the only thing the play left has ever managed to do other than wreck democracy is preen in their purity which no one in the world cares about but themselves. I have a feeling if I went back and watched Dead Man Waking it would be as unwatchable as I find Woody Allen's movies, now.

      Delete
  2. You find Woody Allen's movies unwatchable? SLEEPER? LOVE AND DEATH? TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN? ANNIE HALL? MIDNIGHT IN PARIS?

    Good lord, what a pathetic joyless life you must lead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's his fault. He didn't have to be a creepy, pedophile creepster. It gives me the creeps to watch his movies because I'm afraid I'll find out that, as in Manhattan and Hannah and her Sisters that the perversion he turns into jokes might be autobiography. I can't watch it anymore.

      Obviously, You're OK with pedophilia when it's a pseudo-intellectual Jewish guy from NYC who used to be a liberal on TV who chases after little girls and asks minors less than half his age to go on unchaperoned trips to Paris with him after making a movie in which he has her for a girlfriend. I'm as against that as I was when I found out about Gore Vidal who I also can't read anymore.

      Delete