Thursday, April 6, 2017

Kenneth Gaburo - Maledetto



"Lingua II: Maledetto" by Kenneth Gaburo performed by Stephen Miles, R. L. Silver, Kartina Amin, Lisa Pokorski, Jason Rosenberg, Steven Jones, and Nadia Stegman at New Music New College's Speech Acts concert, November 18, 2000 in the Mildred Sainer Pavilion at New College of Florida.

I'd only ever heard this on the old CRI LP recording of a performance from the 1970s.  I hope it's been performed since then.   It's been way too long since I went to an avant garde music concert. Though Gaburo wasn't exactly that since I don't think he sparked a movement.  He was a really interesting composer-theater creator.

I was looking for something to curse the Republican-fascists with, this isn't exactly what I had in mind but it will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment