Saturday, May 26, 2018

I'm Out For Memorial Day Weekend

I won't be able to post anything until Tuesday, I've been having a tumultuous last couple of days and I need some time off.   And there is still my computer problem.

Until then, here are lectures, sermons that are entirely relevant to the current illness of the United States.   They are all about the dangers of remembering things in an unrealistic, willfully self-deceiving manner, something which couldn't possibly be more relevant for the Memorial Day weekend as America is being brought to another, probably even more horrific war with Iran.

Memory as Temptation to Amnesia 


Memory as Temptation to Nostalgia


I will try to post a radio drama during the week.  I haven't had a chance to look up one that would be appropriate for the time.   I would love to be able to post what is probably the greatest of radio dramas I know of,  The Man Outside (Draussen vor der Tür)  by the great writer Wolfgang Borchert.  There are recordings of it in the original German online  but I can't find one that is posted in English.  Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment